Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Jackson DKMG Trans Black

Price:$350
Where:Guitar Center/OH

Features:The guitar features MOTO Pirhana Inlays, Floyd Rose Licensed Low Pro Tremolo (double locking), reverse pointer headstock, invoroid binging on neck and headstock, 24 jumbo frets. 8 out of 10

Pickups:EMG 81 and EMG 85 (upgrade from the older jackson dkmg's which have emg-hz's) 9 out of 10

Sound:When you want it to scream it will scream, when you need it to talk quiet she'll follow through. I got every different sound out of this guitar. I got blues sounds and I got the heaviest metal i could get. From warm and thick to thin and easy it played it with no error. It doesnt hum or squeal when loud it playes nice and smooth. 9 out of 10

Action and Finish:Its got an incredible fast neck I loved playing it I liked it a lot. The tremolo was an issue though, it has to be very tight for it to hold its tune. It also goes out of tune if you do a dive-bomb it wont sound the same coming up. I did have an issue with the volume knob it did fall off and the whole turbo-charger thing was useless. 8 out of 10

Reliability: I trust the guitar but I wouldnt do a gig without it. I had some small issues with it such as volume knob and the tremolo. 6 out of 10

Durability: Doesnt take a hit or scratch too well, dropped it once and she was done. Had a huge dent in the side knobs fell off and from there on she was done. Scratches easy and finger-prints where very visable.

Overall Rating 7.5 out of 10

No comments: